Strong Moms Strong Girls offers three types of workshops:
Building Connections: The Language of Friendships
For this 2 hour workshop, we come to your school or organization. Held at the location of your choice, this workshop aims to teach girls and their female caregivers how to:
- Identify relational aggression, what it means, and why it happens
- Understand the roles of aggressors, targets, bystanders and allies
- Improve communication and listening skills
Cost is $150 per workshop with a maximum of 15 pairs.
Figuring Out Friendships
These 3.5 hour workshops, held at the NEW Center in Ann Arbor, aim to teach girls and their female caregivers how to:
- Identify why relational aggression happens
- Process feelings about relational aggression
- Improve communication with caregivers and friends
- Deal with relational aggression through role play
- Assist girls and parents with healthy coping skills
Cost is $30 per pair & includes snack. Scholarships may be available. Check our home page for upcoming dates!
Have our Social Workers consult with your organization or family on specific topics. Email us at SMSG@jlaa.org for cost and scheduling.